
I did not get to run yesterday. It started raining late in the afternoon and I was busy cleaning the house anyway. I got the house looking really good; dusted, mopped, vacuumed, etc. Then of course it rained all day (hard!) Not optimal for showing but we had two showings today anyway, hopefully someone will like it. I did run this afternoon, it was not too hard and I sped up a bit and finished 1.25 in 11 minutes or so.
Maybe I will increase my distance next week.

Congratulations! I'm proud of you. Keep it up. I'd love to run with you sometime!
ReplyDeleteOkay, I'm evidently not very observant -- I only just noticed this week that you have this running journal going on! Congrats on getting out there and starting something that will benefit both your body and mind!
ReplyDeleteSome unsolicited advice from a Running Fool:
You were good to get new shoes, that's essential. I don't know how warm or muggy it is in your area, but during the summer it's best to run in the morning or late evening; be sure to hydrate before and after your runs; wear loose fitting moisture resistant clothing; avoid wearing anything cotton. If you do run in the middle of the day, wear an ultra light long sleeve white shirt and cap and sunglasses; avoid lathering sunscreen because that will trap your sweat and can overheat you ...
For now, focus on just time and not the distance. In other words, work on running 3-4 days a week for 10-15 minutes at a comfortable pace without stopping. Then add 2 minutes of running one week at a time until you can comfortably run 30 minutes without stopping.
Once you've reached this mark (and it won't take you long) - you can work on trying to increase your pace and running for distance.
Until then, enjoy being out in the fresh outdoors, download some good tunes on your I-Pod (I recommend The Ting Tings, "We Started Nothing" - lots of good running music on that CD), and keep up with your posts as I'll be sure to check in from time to time.
Gotta Run
P.S. I'm thinking camping interrupted your routine. Look forward to seeing some pictures from your recent adventure.
P.S.S. I hope you don't mind, I'm going to take a sneak peak at Madame Myers' trip :)